Thursday 8 November 2012

Meeting the Team for the Challenge

A team comprises a group linked in a common purpose. Teams are especially appropriate for conducting tasks that are high in complexity and have many interdependent subtasks.

Last night I met with my fellow Montreal-New York City Challenge team members. These are the folks with whom I’ll be raising funds for charity, training with every week starting in February, and most importantly spending 3 days with in a motorized vehicle as we run, non-stop day and night, from Montreal to New York City in May.



I was looking forward to meeting them and you could feel the anticipation was the same for everyone else also in the room. Contrary to the rest of the team I’m doing this challenge with one of my good friends. Having someone who knows me and to whom I can turn to is comforting, but I don’t want to limit this experience to one person. I hope that everyone in my team will be able to teach me something about myself and push me further along in my journey.

Last night we were all feeling the same things. We have lots of questions about the logistics of the challenge, what will be the impact in all of our lives and will we succeed? It will be interesting to see how everyone will evolve ad how the team dynamics will develop. Who will become the leader, the cheerleader, the rock in difficult times, the underdog…I am curious to see what role will be mine.

Last night was brief, but I look forward to getting to know everyone.

What role do you naturally occupy within a team?

How can you push yourself into a different role that will stretch you beyond your comfort zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment